This key role will be to support and develop the BHGE Wireline and LWD Formation Pressure Testing & Sampling business in North America region, by working both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary geoscience team.
- Provides real-time expert advice and technical support on formation pressure testing and fluid sampling operations in North America.
- Possesses strong knowledge on BHGE formation testing tools (RCI, RCX, FTeX, TesTrak and FASTrak) and their application for reservoir pressure and fluid sampling solutions.
- Analyzes the formation pressure test and fluid sampling data from Wireline (WL) and Logging While Drilling operations (LWD) for mobility calculation, gradient estimation, fluid identification and fluid contact determination.
- Designs and analyzes the Mini-DST, Vertical Interference Test (VIT) Micro-Frac and provide technical advice to the operations in real time; provide comprehensive technical reports to clients.
- Performs near wellbore simulation studies for fluid sampling modeling.
- Presents and publishes technical papers/posters/case histories at professional forums and societies.
- Works in a team of various Geoscience disciplines and provides reservoir engineering solutions within the group.
- Mentors sales personnel on formation testing, fluid sampling, reservoir fluid and rock properties, pressure transient analysis and reservoir simulation modeling of fluid sampling processes.
- Provides support to marketing efforts for contracts or tenders and promote business development and technical sales efforts.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes, a GE company, HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes, a GE company Core Values
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related earth science discipline.
- 6+ years of related work experience.
- Practical knowledge on Wireline and LWD formation testing and fluid sampling principles, methodologies and analysis.
- Expertise in pressure and well testing design and data analysis.
- Sound presentation skills for delivering training and customer presentations.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related earth science discipline preferred.
- Expert competency in RCI, RCX, FTeX, TesTrak and FASTrak technologies, configurations and operations.
- Knowledge in Black Oil reservoir simulation concept and applications.