Santa Clara, CA
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 57 days ago
Hitachi America, Ltd. has an opening for a Research Scientist, Video Analytics in the Big Data Laboratory located in Silicon Valley. The mission of this laboratory is to help create new and innovative solutions in big data and advanced analytics. The laboratory focuses on research, technology innovation, proof-of-concept activities, technical marketing and business development for novel big data solutions, leveraging Hitachi's technologies, reinforcing Hitachi's messaging around big data, and establishing Hitachi as a leader in big data.
We are seeking machine learning scientists to build novel video analytics based solutions for smart industry, specifically smart monitoring and inspection systems. The successful candidate will work on identifying opportunities for technology intervention and solve challenging real-world problems leveraging massive industrial data. This position is a perfect match for a visionary scientist who is passionate about empowering society through the tremendous potential of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
·Must have a Ph.D./Master's degree in Computer Science or in a related engineering field.
· At least 3 years of research experience in the area(s) of Image Processing/Image Recognition (e.g. image classification, object detection, semantic segmentation) /Computer Vision/Machine Learning for industrial systems.
. Knowledge and experience in various image recognition related libraries like OpenCV / Dlib / Matlab. Experience of using Linux environment is also useful.
· Programming skills in C++, Java, and Python.
. Published journal or conference papers in the areas of image recognition / image processing / machine learning.
· Must have passion and ability to pursue customer-driven research, and present outcomes to various stakeholders/customers.
. Must be a strong team player-collaborate with a broad team of researchers and developers with diverse backgrounds.
· Knowledge and experience in TensorFlow / Caffe / Theano / Torch or other frameworks for Deep Learning.
· Knowledge and experience in building image/video datasets to evaluate analytical technologies.
· Knowledge and experience in developing web-based applications using video analytics.
· Knowledge of database management system
·Knowledge of open source software development environment (versioning, documentation, licensing, etc.)