Researcher / Research Engineer
The Networked Systems Group focuses on researching and developing cutting-edge network technologies, architectures and systems for next generation IoT, Enterprise, Data center and Telecommunication Infrastructure. Our diverse team with a broad range of skillsets and expertise fosters innovation and development of new ideas not possible in traditional monolithic research organizations. Research areas of our interest include (but are not limited to):
- IoT and Edge Computing
- Enterprise and datacenter networks
- Network programmability
- Network virtualization
- Cloud orchestration and control
- Network monitoring and anomaly analytics
- Network and information security
We are particularly interested in individuals with a doctoral degree in Computer Science or Electrical & Computer Engineering. Excellent networked systems building skills are a significant plus. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in distributed systems, enterprise and telecommunication networks, cloud applications, IoT, & network protocols with excellent understanding of the current state of the art, major trends and opportunities as well as a demonstrated track record in making things real in innovative ways.
Our researchers and engineers are not only distinguished academically as IEEE/ACM Fellows etc., they’re driven by wide-ranging curiosity and creativity and committed to real-world innovation. So if you have the mind of a scientist and the heart of an entrepreneur, and you dream of having a lasting impact on your field and our world, Hewlett Packard Labs wants to hear from you.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Finishing or recently completed Ph.D. degree in a relevant discipline, such as computer science, electrical or computer engineering
- Proven track record of world-class innovative research contributions
- Strong programming and system building skills
- Highly Desirable: C/C++, Python, Linux Kernel development, Network Stack Experience with Docker, OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenvSwitch and other network control and orchestration platforms
- Proficiency in network protocols, including Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, OpenFlow, 5G etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with an ability to work independently and well with others in a team
Job ID 1023284