We are looking for Researcher for our client in Carpinteria, CA
Job Title: Researcher
Job Location: Carpinteria, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Or Company inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life.
- We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise.
- We enable customers to gain the answers and insights they seek.
- Designs and implements applied research studies aimed at new technologies, products and services. Creates new concepts in certain fields including breakthrough technology innovations that create new businesses or enhance existing businesses. Develops block diagrams, algorithms, hardware, software, materials, biochemical or chemical reagents, assay or manufacturing processes, or other technologies needed for the design and implementation of clients products.
- Applies broad engineering or scientific concepts, and documents work.
- Interprets existing scientific or engineering laws and theories and may be required to successfully develop new understanding at the frontiers of knowledge.
- Works with product division R&D staff to transfer results of research into our products.
- Typically contributes to scientific or research literature and conferences.
- Works on research assignments with broadly defined objectives
- Solves straight-forward issues, challenges and problems within field of specialization.
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree or University Degree or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years relevant experience for entry in this level.
- The Histology Technician (R&D Researcher) will perform the various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.
- This may include logging, batching, and cutting, mounting and staining procedures.
- Receives specimens for other cases when delivered to the Laboratory
- Sorts specimens according to priority and difficulty of procedures and records in pathology log
- Embeds specimens into blocks and fixes tissue in formalin
- Operates instrumentation for tissue dehydration, section clearing, impregnation with paraffin, cutting tissue sections, and staining of slides
- Prepares solutions, stains, and reagents in accordance with standards written procedures.