5 - 7 years
Posted 114 days ago
The Statistician II independently creates data programming plan based on analysis plan as provided. Manages and manipulates data; performs statistical programming; learns and applies new statistical theory and techniques for ongoing projects or proposals; conducts statistical analyses; and supports the preparation of manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals. The analyst works closely with senior statisticians in developing analytic plans and applying new and existing statistical methods. Reviews new research plans for statistical appropriateness and feasibility and gives guidance to mentees in the research group on statistical design methods.
The Statistician will work closely with Dr. Aplenc and the Statistical Scientist in the analysis and interpretation of data regarding the accuracy of adverse event reporting, anthracycline associated cardiac toxicity, and disparities in pediatric oncology outcomes. The Statistician will handle a wide range of data sets including large, administrative data sets such as the Pediatric Health Information Systems data, cooperative clinical trial group data such as the Children’s Oncology Group, large-scale electronic medical record data, patient reported outcome data, and observational cohort data.
1. Independently develops plan for statistical programming based on analysis plan as provided.
2. Manages and manipulates data for the research team.
3. Conducts statistical programming using statistical software.
4. Learns and applies new statistical theory and techniques for ongoing projects or proposals.
5. Conducts statistical analysis
6. Supports the preparation of manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
7. Provides statistical support to junior members of the research team.
8. Provides leadership to team regarding data analysis.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the research group.
Required Education and Experience
Additional Technical Requirements
• Statistical expertise in programming of common statistical methods in medical and clinical related research
• 5+ year’s experience in BASE SAS, SAS/SQL, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH and SAS MACROs with problem-solving skills
• Familiar with database utilization in statistical analysis, like MS Access, FileMaker Pro, Oracle, MS SQL server
• Familiar with both UNIX system and Windows OS system
• High-level of personal initiative; ability to work independently as well as collaborate in teams and with people from all business areas
• Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate clearly
• Detail-oriented with excellent validation and documentation skills