Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Research Analyst is responsible for leading the day-to-day methodologies, processes, procedures, and data integrity for both Consumer and POS databases in the US across multiple industries. He/She will focus on identifying and resolving all data integrity issues and methodological “glitches”.
Additionally, the Research Analyst will be responsible for assisting in developing data analysis and presentations to internal and/or external clients.
• Maintenance of the consumer data methodology to ensure the methodology reflects the most accurate representation of
the industry size and trends.
• Maintenance of new Point of Sale (POS) projection methodology.
• Delivering internal and external client presentations regarding methodology and data challenges.
• Providing insights and making value-added contributions towards the improvement of methodologies and processes.
• Routinely interacting with Business Unit and Operations Management.
• Accountable for data validation on all survey data.
• Maintaining all documentation on methodologies, processes and procedures, which includes (calibration, projection, editing etc.), to ensure a ready reference and log of decisions made.
• Partner with Client Development, Retail Business Group, Panel, and Operations teams to achieve goals.
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree, preferably in social sciences, market research, statistics, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
• Understanding of multiple key Consumer and POS methodologies, processes and procedures.
• Strong understanding of data collection and analytical processes
• Strong presentation skills to both small and large groups
• Detail-oriented with strong organization/project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of analytical tools such as SPSS or SAS is desired but not required.
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.