Have you read about our recent announcement on the MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab? Are you interested in shaping the future of AI? The MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is one of the largest long-term university industry AI collaborations to date. Our Lab is a place where scientists, professors, and students collaborate to drive the frontiers of AI. If you're interested in working with some of the world's most talented researchers to advance AI, we may have an opportunity for you!
At IBM Research, we diligently craft a work environment that inspires brilliant and thoughtful work. We love being first: our AI systems were the first to challenge world champions in chess, backgammon, and Jeopardy! Our Quantum and Neuromorphic researchers are pioneering architectures essential to the future of AI. We love going deep: our researchers publish their research in top AI journals and conferences such as NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, and AAAI, and have been recognized with Turing Awards, Nobel and Kavli Prizes, National Medals of Science and of Technology, and the most patents for 24 years running! We love data and scalability: our Watson Health business gives our AI researchers access to enormous volumes and varieties of data, and the context to create technology that is already saving lives. Healthcare, Life Sciences, Cybersecurity, and Regulatory Compliance are just a few of the ways we are leveraging our core AI algorithms to create AI that Matters. We love collaborating widely and openly across our research and product teams, among our 12 research labs globally, and with top academic institutions through our Cognitive Horizons Network.
We are looking for hardware and software engineers, developers and scientists who are as passionate as we are about Artificial Intelligence (AI), advancing science, and inventing the next generation of intelligent machines. We have an ambitious AI research agenda, and are hiring software research engineers to join our projects in the following areas:
- Application and software development for novel hardware accelerators for Machine Learning and Deep Learning, including Neuromorphic Computing.
- Optimization and acceleration of cloud-based AI and Machine-Learning Systems.
- Machine learning, Deep learning, brain-inspired algorithms, learning to learn, interpretability, optimization, learning with memories, temporal modeling
As an IBM Researcher, you get to work on the most cutting-edge and exciting projects (spanning hardware and software) and interact with the brightest minds focused on advancing IBM’s AI Mission. We want to bring out the best in you and expect you to do the same to us. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of our team and the company.
This position will report to either Yorktown Heights, New York or Cambridge, Massachusetts
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals – along with the ability to work with a team to produce well-designed software projects. Expertise in code debugging, knowledge of algorithms and the ability to understand and integrate state of the art libraries and frameworks into your work are important skills we value.
- Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Java, Python, C, C++, Lua etc
- Advanced skill levels with deep learning algorithms, open-source frameworks (Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch) and applications.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, reviews and design documentation)
- Experience in hardware software co-design – and strong interest in developing software stacks, tools, programming models and APIs for new hardware.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical fields
- Large software project management and planning skills.
- Experience with CUDA, cuDNN – and GP-GPU programming.
- Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Contributing to open source projects
- Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches.
Early Professional Track
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?