We are seeking a Research SiC Epitaxy and Characterization Engineer to join our dynamic Silicon Carbide technology development team in South Portland, Maine. Our Silicon Carbide products are the future of power electronics finding widespread markets in hybrid and electric cars, solar inverters, UPS, industrial motors, smart electric grid etc. The wide bandgap technologies of SiC and GaN are integral for efficiency and power conversion and are now seeing explosive growth and wide spread adoption world-wide.
We are a world technology leader, and our employees are part of an elite, innovative, success-driven worldwide team operating in a fast-moving, collaborative work environment to solve real-world problems.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the SiC R&D team to develop Epitaxy processes on MOCVD reactors and Characterization on various metrology tools for existing and new products. This will include improving existing processes and developing new processes and new characterization techniques.
- Conduct independent research, evaluations of new and upcoming tools, techniques and processes to drive the state of the art SiC technology forward. This will also involve authoring publications to journals and conferences, as well as generating IP for the company.
- Interact with the entire worldwide SiC R&D team, production and integration team to solve complex problems with development, proliferation, scaling and mass-production of SiC products.
- Support worldwide 24x7 production of SiC Epitaxy and fabrication for various device families.
- PhD or Master’s degree (with 2+ years of applicable hands on experience) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or related field is required.
- Exposure to MOCVD Epitaxy and characterization or Wide-Bandgap technologies like Silicon Carbide (SiC) or Gallium Nitride (GaN).
Highly Preferred Skills:
- PhD with 5+ years of applicable hands on experience in Silicon Carbide epitaxy and characterization.
- Familiarity and hands-on experience of MOCVD reactors hardware, software and process development is highly preferred. Prior experience of running Commercial MOCVD reactor is an added bonus.
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the various Compound Semiconductor characterization techniques like FTIR, CV, PL, X-Ray as well as the use of such techniques on both Substrates and Epitaxy is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to do independent research by publishing patents, journals, white papers etc.
- Experience in semiconductor manufacturing epitaxy with familiarity with design of experiment (DOE), statistical process control (SPC), methodical data analysis for process performance improvement and process troubleshooting is ideal.
- Adept with the use of statistical data processing programs like EXCEL, JMP, etc
- Good verbal, written and personal communication skills including making technical reports and presentations to both smaller focused peer groups and large audiences.
- Willingness to work supporting of 24x7 fab manufacturing that additional off-hours on-call support may be required.