To strengthen our Vector Biology and Discovery Team, based in our Boston Office, in Bedford MA, we are looking for a talented Research Scientist with experience in on AAV vector development, optimization, and lead identification. He/she will collaborate with global project teams to advance therapeutic AAV projects focusing on viral vector and cargo engineering.
- Apply hands-on expertise with molecular and cellular techniques to design, construct, and test AAV vectors for therapeutic programs and platform discovery
- Develop and execute molecular and cell-based assays to validate vector function in collaboration with global cross-functional teams
- Provide scientific insight and guidance in projects/platforms, including strong scientific thinking and hypothesis development
- Drive projects locally with clear scientific direction and experimental design,
- Prepare, analyze, and present high quality data
- Prepare and review technical reports and write research operating protocols
- Communicate and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- PhD or Postdoc with direct AAV experience.
- 1 year of mammalian cell culture and sterile technique experience
- 3 years’ experience with cloning and standard molecular biology techniques
- PhD and postdoc with direct AAV experience, ideally with genome and capsid engineering
- 1-2 years of industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and independent
- 5 years of cell culture experience
- 5 years of molecular biology and cloning experience