Responsibilities will include
- Ion chambers and microwave RF systems
- Root cause analyses to understand component and system failures.
- Design, execution and interpretation of experiments.
- Data collection and analysis
- Work with other scientists and engineers to review and solve difficult technical issues.
- Provide support and expertise to Manufacturing and Field Service Engineering groups
- Coordinate resources needed to complete a task or project.
- Improve documentation, baseline data and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Provide scope, cost and schedule estimates for research and engineering projects.
- MS/Ph.D. in Engineering Physics or similar field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, construction, implementation and maintenance of systems, such as ion chambers and/or high power microwave systems.
- Experience operating relevant lab equipment
- Highly motivated team player who can also work independently
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to interact effectively with experts in multiple disciplines.