Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Develop, optimize, and qualify pharmacodynamic and target engagement biomarker assays.
- Independently manage workload across multiple projects while effectively aligning resources based on key priorities.
- Assimilate data and insight in real-time to recognize when an experimental approach needs to be adjusted/changed to deliver optimal results.
- Troubleshoot and overcome complex problems in specialized procedures.
- Incorporate proper quality controls and best practices to produce high-quality work.
- Keep current with emerging trends in scientific discipline.
- Understands the role of other functional areas in the laboratory and partners with them to maximize best practices and laboratory efficiencies.
- Follow company safety practices, including training, lab safety, and record keeping as appropriate.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 7 or more years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 5 or more years of experience.
- Extensive experience with assay development using various molecular, cellular and biochemical assays (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD, qPCR, ddPCR, and Western Blotting).
- Experience with automated DNA/RNA extraction along with appropriate QC methods.
- Expertise in NGS library preparation and sequencing, most commonly RNAseq or 10X Genomics single cell libraries.
- Experience with transcriptomic/genomic data analysis tools/databases
- Strong scientific background with practical experience, and excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized with ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong computer skills are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team-oriented environment.