Research Scientist - Translational Research Institute For Metabolism and Diabetes
The Research Scientist, Metabolomics Core, under the direction of the Senior Investigator, Senior Director, will be responsible for analyzing metabolites in biological samples using mass spectrometry. Qualified candidates will be proficient in the field of mass spectrometry and accomplished at devising validated methods for metabolite detection and quantitation. The selected candidate will possess strong analytical skills, excel at training/managing Metabolomics Core staff members, and thrive in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder environment. The ability to meet the Metabolomics needs of the TRI-MD and investigators in multi-institutional partnerships and projects is vital. The Research Scientist, Metabolomics Core will ensure that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all Florida Hospital, TRI, local, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures.
Mon – Fri / 8a - 5p
The Research Scientist - Muscle and Energy Metabolism will be responsible for leading the development and conduct of translational research at the Translational Research Institute (TRI) and participating in Industry/NIH/Pharmaceutical and government sponsored and investigator initiated research that supports the TRI scientific research plan. Under the direction of the Scientific Director, will be responsible developing a research program and projects in muscle and energy metabolism at the whole body, tissue and cell/molecular level, and understanding related behavior and will provide guidance to other support staff in the performance of protocol specific tasks. The Research Scientist- Muscle and Energy Metabolism will ensure that all research performed under their direction is in compliance with all Florida Hospital, TRI, local, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- MD and /or PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Behavioral or any other related science field
- At least 3 years of post-doctoral experience in muscle metabolism, energy metabolism or related fields if PhD
- Established competency in research as evidenced by published (peer reviewed) research
- Knowledge of all regulatory requirements that pertain to clinical/medical research
- Knowledge of the development and operation of clinical and basic science research protocols
- Proven history of NIH and/or Pharmaceutical research in the areas of muscle metabolism and/or development (Preferred)
- Knowledge or experience in investigator initiated research in a clinical - translational research setting (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Design, construction and implementation of translational research proposals, protocols, and procedures.
- Analysis of research data in collaboration with Biostatisticians and TRI faculty.
- Preparation of scholarly manuscripts and final study reports (where applicable) to communicate results of the research to the broader scientific community
- Supervision of data collection by TRI Research Core staff including but not limited Clinical Operations, Energy Metabolism, BioRepository, and Clinical Research Unit.
- Coordination of tissue and bio-specimen analysis across our collaborating partners including but not limited to Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute.
- Development of novel analytics to study human muscle development, function and metabolism.
- Participation in scientific presentations and publication of research data
- Research grant application preparation
- Fostering and supporting external academic and research collaborations
- May conduct analysis of behavior effected by real world application of sponsor drugs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the scientific director
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Research Scientist - Muscle and Energy Metabolism opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.
Research Scientist, Biological Mass Spectrometry, LCMS Method Development Technical Expertise.
Job ID: 266860