What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for creative computer scientists to join our research team in Palo Alto, CA. We hire people who enjoy doing applied industry-style research on Tableau’s mission to help people see and understand data.
In particular, we are looking for people who can rapidly innovate in disciplines such as information visualization, human-computer interaction, databases, distributed systems and cloud computing, machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, web analytics and mobile to name a few.
As a research scientist, you will have the flexibility to choose your own projects, working on real-world problems that result in impact to Tableau’s business and customers.
We have found that collaborations between passionate individuals lead to great things. We are actively seeking candidates who bring this infectious enthusiasm and value curiosity, imagination and perseverance in creating and productizing new technologies.
You love to share your excitement with customers, research scientists, developers, product managers and executives through excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Manage a research portfolio that results in impact to Tableau’s business and customers.
- Design and implement high-quality prototypes to validate research innovations and communicate those innovations to the rest of Tableau.
- Work directly with developers and feature teams to ensure designs are implemented as useful user experiences.
- Work with strategic area leadership to provide input on strategy and planning.
- Monitor and report on external research and innovation in areas relevant to Tableau.
- Be an eager evangelist, whether presenting academic papers or giving talks inside and outside Tableau including at conferences and to customers.
Who you are…
- True Team Player: Visit and engage with teams in Seattle both in-person and remotely.
- Customer Focused: Build significant knowledge of Tableau’s customers and business goals to further innovation and help create new products and services.
- Education/Experience: PhD or equivalent in one or more areas relevant to Tableau’s mission.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!