We are currently sourcing for 3 upcoming roles:
- Research Scientist
- Senior Research Scientist
- Group Leader
The successful candidates will work on research, development, and implementation of process technologies for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Research Scientist, Senior Research Scientist
- Planning and execution of experiments in R&D laboratories
- Data analysis, interpretation, and documentation in development reports
- Development of inherently safe processes based on thermal hazard assessment
- Maintaining a safe and well-organized laboratory work area
- Technology transfer to both internal and external manufacturing facilities
In addition to above:
- Leading API technology programs and Scientists associated
- Provide project leadership by generating plans and timelines, preparing regular project updates, organizing and leading project meeting, communicating to the clients and other departments on project-related issues, generating interim and final reports, preparing executive summaries for Clients and executive management team
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry with >10 years experience or Ph.D in Chemistry with >5 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- The Group Leader position will require a Ph.D in Chemistry with >10 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Must have a strong knowledge of organic chemistry and hands-on experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules
- Experience in process scale-up, selection and sourcing of raw materials, setting specifications, economic and regulatory constraints will be an asset
- Must be highly motivated and have a proven record of success in multiple projects
- Must be well organized and able to meet project timeline commitments
- Must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive and medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP/DPSP eligibility with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Plan, Tuition Program and much more
- This position will be working in a laboratory/manufacturing environment where most of the time will be standing or sitting at a lab bench, or sitting at desk working on a computer. Intermediate lifting requirements of no more than 50 lbs. Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate PPE.
- Shift work and overtime may be required, as well as working periodic weekends and/or evenings.