This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Ph.D. degree with major coursework in field of assignment and five (5) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least two (2) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and seven (7) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least three (3) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and nine (9) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least four (4) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project. Selects or assists in selection of key research personnel. Determines specific goals or objectives to be attained and assigns and reviews work of subordinates. Plans experimental protocols.
- Reviews and analyzes resulting research data. Revises techniques or approaches to work problems as indicated necessary by research data.
- Compiles, writes, and submits research results to supervisor. Prepares or assists in preparation of research papers, reports, and abstracts for publication as one of co-authors.
- Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Plans and supervises training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, use of laboratory equipment, and safety procedures.
- May confer with industrial, governmental, or other groups concerning progress or results of research project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Neurophysiologist to study circuit-specific neuroplasticity in animal models of drug addiction.
- Seeking candidate with previous technical experience in whole-cell patch clamp recordings of neurons and will use modern optogenetic approaches to measure excitatory synaptic responses.
- The experiments may involve small animal surgical skills, routine wet lab skills, routine histology skills, and data analysis.
- A mature, responsible and reliable demeanor, hands-on knack for problem solving, and a strong work ethic are preferred for this position.
- Preferred candidate will have 2 years experience with neurophysiological testing.