The Research Scientist in Precision Medicine will join a dynamic team responsible for start-to-finish work on the analysis and interpretation of biological datasets using GNS’s powerful cloud-based analytics platform. The work involves predictive and causal modeling using both proprietary and off-the-shelf tools, with responsibilities ranging from data preparation, loading, statistical analyses, interpretation, report-writing, in-person presentations to clients and collaborators, and scientific communications to journals and conferences.
- Data preprocessing and statistical analyses in the field of precision medicine, biomarker identification and patient stratification
- Integrate genomics data from multiple platform with clinical or epidemiology data.
- Perform predictive and causal modeling using both proprietary and off-the-shelf tools.
- Interpretation, report-writing, in-person presentations to clients and collaborators
- Scientific communications to peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- PhD with 2-5 years of experience or strong recent graduate, with concentration in life sciences, mathematics, physics/biophysics, statistics/biostatistics, bioinformatics, or computer science
- Exceptional MS-level candidates will be considered
- Knowledge of one of the statistical programming languages; experience with R and Bioconductor preferred
- Familiarity with the UNIX and cluster computing environment such as Amazon Web Services preferred
- Experience handling and manipulating large data sets
- Experience in machine learning, probability theory, Bayesian analysis, and causal inference methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary environment is a plus
- Passion to learn new things and solve problems
- Please be aware that you will be asked to take a short statistical screening test. You may request a waiver based on strong background, in which case you will be asked to speak through the test concepts over the phone.