Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
AI & Machine Learning R&D Team in PayPal is looking for talented applied research scientist to work on machine learning research for multiple data science applications within the company. There will be access to huge amount of internal data and lots of opportunities to innovate. It’s a highly rewarding experience with significant impact to the business.
• Research and experiment with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in the context of solving common critical business problems.
• Collaborate with other research scientists and engineers to formulate innovative solutions to implement advanced AI techniques.
• Working knowledge of various machine learning algorithms and tools.
• Proficient code writing capability in a major programming language such as C++, Python and Java.
• Prior work experience with big datapreferred.
• Creative and entrepreneurial mindset. Passionate about AI.
• Ability to work independently and proficiently. Accountable for own results.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills on a broad set of technical topics.
• PhD Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent with specialization in machine learning.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.