Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
Duties will be carried out in a typical office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Supervisory responsibilities include overseeing the analysis of fellows, graduate students, post-docs, and other researchers within the MPEC as needed.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on need.
Job qualifications include the following:
• PhD or ScD in Operations Research, Decision Science, Systems Engineering and Uncertainty Quantification, or related area
• Minimum of 7 years of research experience (inclusive of graduate studies)
• Capacity to manipulate large amounts of data and outstanding judgment with regards to study design and protocols
• Ability to work with mathematical models, including Markov and Monte Carlo simulation models, compartmental and agent-based epidemiological models, as well as deterministic and probabilistic sensitivity analysis, and ability to solve technical problems in these areas
• Superior writing, presentation, and organizational skills for manuscript and abstract preparations, as well as completion of grants and contracts in a timely fashion
• Facility with SAS and ACCESS data and R, python or other statistical software
• Proficiency with standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Internet applications) and the ability to learn new computer applications
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Intellectual independence and initiative
• Ability to supervise research assistants and others on the team in collaborative projects
• Experience in public health, health economics, and health policy, preferably in HIV/AIDS and/or TB
• Ability to work within NIH and other federal and foundation regulations and guidelines
• Previous international healthcare research experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.