Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equity trading platforms.
They are looking to add a skilled research scientist and data science engineer to their machine learning efforts.
The company is developing a host of new applications, including market impact indicators, streaming social media analysis, topic clustering, risk analysis and market predictive analyses – the research engineer would provide a central contribution to the development of these new initiatives.
- Design and build systems that solve difficult problems involving text, time series and complex data
- Build entirely new prediction models
- Write and maintain production level Python and C++
- Publish research findings
- Industry experience working with C++ and Python, including knowledge of STL and Boost
- A bachelor’s or Masters in CS, MIS or Data Science program – a PhD in Machine Learning or Natural Language processing is an advantage
- Strong background in NLP and Machine Learning
- Strong mathematics background in probability and statistics
- Top-tier publication history
- Experience developing machine learning using time-series data
- Good knowledge of Spark