$80K — $100K *
Looking for work life balance?
Here at Leidos we currently have an exciting opening in our Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) for you, our newest Research Scientist to work at Kirtland AFB, NM. This is an exciting opportunity to work at government locations primarily on Kirtland AFB, NM in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and innovative high power microwave (HPM) sources and antennas. You will get to interact with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and model new systems, develop test infrastructures, conduct laboratory tests, analyze test results, and write and present test summary reports and scientific reports. If this sounds like you keep reading.
If you love doing these, this could be your dream job:
- Work in a new laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of high power microwave (HPM) research and development
- Design, model, test, and characterize high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, vircators and unique sources, and innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and prototypes
- Work daily with other scientists, and engineers and technicians
- You might get to design, develop and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize sources and antennas
- Attend weekly meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- Provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
This is you:
- Bachelor's with 4 years of experience or a MS with 2 years in Physics or Electrical Engineering and some experience working in a laboratory
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience using HFSS or CST, 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, and MatLab
Valid through: 9/8/2020