$80K — $100K *
Seattle Children's Therapeutics (SCTx) at Seattle Children's Research Institute (SCRI) is an exciting new venture aimed at leveraging a biotech industry business model in a non-profit context to bring cutting edge, curative technologies and therapies to defeat pediatric cancer and beyond. Our immunotherapies offer hope to families who have exhausted other treatment options - our work saves lives. This position will establish an essential Molecular Biology Core team as we generate high-impact, novel technologies in key areas of development for the next generation of cellular immunotherapies, including gene delivery, targeted gene integration, process innovation, and immune cell engineering.
The focus of the Molecular Biology Core team is to design and build new molecular constructs that improve the state of the art for therapeutic cell products. Work encompasses the inception of new technology, early stage proof of concept, and optimization of design parameters for transfer to the rest of the therapeutic development pipeline. The Molecular Core leader will focus the team on rapid design iteration in order to develop cutting edge cell therapies for pediatric patients at a pace unmatched by any other entity. The nature of our work requires team members who thrive in a team-oriented, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. Candidates who are motivated by the concept that their individual contributions to a team will have direct clinical impact will be successful in this role.
Candidates from a broad background of experience will be considered to lead this essential core team. You will work alongside biologists, engineers, and clinicians to develop and refine technologies that aim to provide a more safe and effective pediatric cell therapeutics. Lab techniques include basic and advanced molecular biology and operation of Incucyte, MSD, flow cytometers, cell sorters, and liquid handling robots. Demonstrated success working within a GLP compliant environment will be an asset. Above all, a willingness to learn, passion for our mission, collaboration, and creativity are crucial for success at Seattle Children's Therapeutics (SCTx).
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights:
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of research-related experience.
- Strong molecular biology background and experience leading teams of scientists will be valuable assets for this role.
Valid through: 6/28/2021
$80K — $100K *
42 days ago
$100K — $150K *
42 days ago