Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Scientist I for our Cell Therapy group in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.Position Objective:
The successful candidate will contribute to study design and be responsible for independently executing in vivo experiments to support optimization and validation of cell therapy products. Following experiment completion, the candidate will be responsible for data analysis and interpretation, data presentation to key stakeholders, and play an active role in the subsequent scientific discussions leading to key decisions and program-enabling next steps. The candidate will also be accountable for ensuring the quality of the data and complying with record keeping requirements.Position Accountabilities:
Design and perform a wide range of assigned research experiments with a primary focus on in vivo anti-tumor efficacy and CK/MOA studies for cell therapy candidates.
Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures, such as dosing all routes, tissue necropsy, and tumor inoculation and measurements.
Perform limited in vitro work such as standard cell culture to support tumor model development.
Uses defined practices and theoretical knowledge to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate action
Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources, contributing to complex team problem resolution and objectivesEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Education Requirements
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science
- Master's degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ year of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 8+ years of biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
- Flow cytometry and immuno-oncology assay(s) experience desirable
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences
- Candidate must be able work in a cross-functional team environment, maintain experimental records, analyze data, and prepare study reports.
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
- May require approximately up to 0-5% travel
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
*This job posting excludes CO applicants* EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type