Description: Serves as researcher and consultant on projects for the Division of Research (DOR). Works independently with general supervision by higher level Research Scientists or an Assistant Director.
- Designs, develops, and directs well-defined research. Prepares grant proposals, internal reports and publications independently and collaboratively. Provides consultation on study design, analysis plans and interpretation of study results to TPMG, KFH/P managers and committees as directed.
- Provides service to the scientific community through membership on peer review groups and national boards. May consult with local, state and national voluntary and governmental agencies. Provides consultation and direction to programmer analysts with regard to data management and analysis strategies. Presents papers at national scientific meetings; teaches and/or reviews papers for national journals. Seeks consultation from senior scientists for specific scientific and administrative issues.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
MD or DO degree or equivalent
Board certified in one of the following specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, combined Medicine/Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, or equivalent
Current, active Medical License
Competent in the statistical techniques, study designs and general research methods commonly used in epidemiological and health services research
Experience conducting vaccine clinical and/or observational trials
- Doctoral degree in epidemiology or related field OR eight (8) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 550510