- Design and conduct experiments, collect data and analyze results in support of department project development objectives.
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Assist with lab planning and equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Assist in the preparation of scholarly articles for publication.
- Present results of independent research; write reports/summaries for internal communications as well as patents and complete scientific papers for peer reviewed journals, publishing abstracts, manuscripts, or industry requirements.
- Engage in continuous learning and skill development, including both scientific and laboratory technology education.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of scientific process, including hypothesis development, experimental design, selection of controls, etc.
- Experience in development and optimization of antibody conjugation chemistries.
- Strong background with aptamers, antibody chemistry, flow cytometry and immunology.
- Experience with development of methods to create functional protein complexes.
- Experience in advanced protein isolation techniques.
- Experience in phenotyping blood-based proteins.
- Ability to interpret complex directions and understand complicated scientific project plans.
- Excellent molecular biology lab skills and working knowledge and experience with molecular lab equipment.
- Strong molecular biology background; experience in molecular diagnostics.
- Detail oriented with ability to capture and record complex scientific data accurately and reliably.
- Ability to solve independently and escalate problems appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Strong team skills with an ability to work with other employees in a positive and constructive way.
- Good business judgment with ability to maintain project confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience:
- Ph.D. in a biological science related to molecular biology or biochemistry or similar field required.
- Three to five years of lab experience required.
- Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects over 30 pounds.
- May have exposure to high noise levels, fumes and bio-hazardous material in the lab environment.
- May be required to handle and transport hazardous waste materials.