$80K — $100K *
Ansun Biopharma has an opening for a Research Scientist I/II within the R&D team to support the oncolytic virus program. The candidate with relevant research experience in molecular virology and hostvirus interactions will be responsible for construction and characterization of genetically engineered oncolytic viruses expressing various immune-modulatory genes. The candidate will establish in vitro models to study the efficacy and mechanism-of-action(s) of the oncolytic viruses. The successful candidate will be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, self-driven, flexible, pragmatic, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
• Construct genetically engineered oncolytic viruses expressing various immune-modulatory genes.
• Design, develop, and perform in vitro studies to evaluate the activity and mechanism-of-action of immune-modulatory oncolytic viruses in support of lead candidate selection.
• Support in IND-enabling pharmacology assessment of drug action.
• Prepare detailed protocols, maintain appropriate documentation, and generate detailed technical reports to support IND filing.
• Present experimental results to cross-functional team as well as external research community.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualification / Education / Experiences / Skills
• PhD in Virology or a related discipline with 0-2 years of post-doctoral research experience.
• Experience with basic molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, qPCR, and western blotting is required.
• Experience with construction, production, and characterization of recombinant viruses is required.
• Comprehensive experience in aseptic cell culture techniques of primary and immortalized mammalian cells is required.
• Experience with in vitro cell-based functional assay development, using primary or reporter cells, is preferred.
• Excellent scientific ability demonstrated by a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications is required.
• Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Ansun is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
Valid through: 11/10/2021
$140K — $160K *
2 days ago