The incumbent will beresponsible for conducting andpublishing research. The incumbent will work within a multidisciplinary environment consisting of military, government, academic, andinternational collaborators.
- Conducts independent research and learns techniques required to conduct the research.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or products.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the scientific literature relating to the research topics.
- Collects and handles samples and keeps detailed inventory and records of experiments by maintaining up to date, clear, and accurate laboratory notebooks.
- Executes projects related to display-technology of antibodies, and vaccine candidates and derivative identification.
- Analyzes experimental data, applying relevant statistical and bioinformatic models.
- Presents data at scientific meetings and publishes original research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Assists with training laboratory staff and collaborates with labs within and outside of MHRP.
- Follows all MHRP and WRAIR safety procedures and completes required training in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: PhD in immunology, oncology, molecular biology, or a related field including structural biology, with significant experience in display technology. Knowledge of appropriate scientific area; ability to analyze and interpret data. Experience and proficiency in antibody display library construction and screening, Experience with high throughput small scale protein expression and/or purification, engineering of therapeutic proteins and antibodies and antibody development, and/or FACs is a plus. Experience with project planning, implementation, and data analysis. Experience in presenting at scientific meetings and writing manuscripts for scientific journals.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D. in structural biology, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, biochemistry or related discipline.
Minimum Experience: >2 years of postdoctoral experience.