Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Scientist (Epidemiologist) to support the Deployment Health Research Department located at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) located in San Diego, CA. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to NHRC.
The incumbent will provide senior level epidemiologic and analytic expertise in the conduct of large health studies. Work includes the planning and implementation of large epidemiologic studies; designing the study methodology; performing statistical analyses for diverse research projects with complex study designs; working with team members to derive an in-depth understanding of the data findings; drafting proposals and writing peer-reviewed publications; supervising and mentoring junior analysts; exercising independent judgment in the resolution of analytical problems while working in a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and ability to use and teach complex epidemiologic research methods for assessing the risk of disease in humans due to potential risk factors.
2. Advanced knowledge of disease etiologies and preventive strategies.
3. Advanced knowledge in survey methodology and statistics used to collect an interpret data.
4. Knowledge and proficiency of statistical and/or mathematical software, such as SAS and MPlus.
5. Skilled in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, graphic, email, Power Point, and database software.
6. Skilled in writing memorandums, correspondence, abstracts, articles, and proposals.
7. Ability to create presentations and teach both individuals and groups.
8. Knowledge in grant and proposal writing.
9. Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
10. Ability to plan and prioritize work
11. Team player who can work in a large group including both internal and external investigators.
12. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct work assignments.
13. Excellent written and oral communication skills
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Doctoral level degree in Epidemiology or a doctoral level degree in a related field with demonstrated knowledge and experience within epidemiology and study design/methodology is preferred.
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years relevant, progressively responsible experience AND demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing statistical experiments in a team environment.
Job ID: 214200