• Independently performs analytical method development/optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds or equivalent levels of expertise and experience in mass spectrometry or other related areas such as structural elucidation or extractable leachable testing in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Designs and executes experiments independently for self and others.
• Writes, reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
• Reviews, interprets and analyzes data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs.
• Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) troubleshooting sessions.
• Assists business development group in technical sales and marketing, and presents posters at technical conferences.
• Leads in preparation and implementation of SOPs and quality systems, as well as developing innovative technology and in evaluating and implementing new capabilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8+ years).
• In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Intermediate knowledge of general chemistry and separation science
• Full understanding of laboratory requirements, SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
• Full knowledge of technical operating systems
• Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
• Ability to independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
• Proven technical writing skills
• Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
• Time management and project management skills
• Ability to mentor others on technical operating systems
• Ability to independently review and understand project proposals/plans
• Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
• No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations, occasional domestic travel.
• Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
• Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
• Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
• Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
• Ability to work in an upright and /or stationary position for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists to operate lab equipment.
• Occasional mobility needed.
• Occasional crouching, stooping, with frequent bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
• Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
• Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
• Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
• Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
• Regular and consistent attendance.