Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
8 - 10 years
Posted 60 days ago
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Ph.D. degree with major coursework in field of assignment and five (5) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least two (2) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and seven (7) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least three (3) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and nine (9) years research experience in field of assignment, including at least four (4) years at level of Senior Research Associate or equivalent.
The Children's Research Institute Mouse Genome Engineering Core provides full service production of genetically engineered mouse models. We seek a motivated scientist with experience in transgenic mouse production and microinjection. You will be responsible for microinjection and animal handling and will work closely with the scientific director and manager to ensure core objectives are attained. There will also be ample opportunity to devise, implement, and develop new transgenic technologies associated with CRISPR gene editing in vivo. Job Duties:Execute routine transgenic mice job assignments (superovulation by hormone injections, isolation, collection, cytoplasmic or pronuclear microinjection of fertilized eggs and re-implantation).Ensure the Core is working at the highest level by maintaining detailed project records.Developing or implementing new transgenic technologies to generate transgenic murine lines.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project. Selects or assists in selection of key research personnel.
- Determines specific goals or objectives to be attained and assigns and reviews work of subordinates. Plans experimental protocols.
- Reviews and analyzes resulting research data. Revises techniques or approaches to work problems as indicated necessary by research data.
- Compiles, writes, and submits research results to supervisor. Prepares or assists in preparation of research papers, reports, and abstracts for publication as one of co-authors.
- Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
- Plans and supervises training of technicians and other laboratory personnel with respect to proper laboratory techniques, use of laboratory equipment, and safety procedures.
- May confer with industrial, governmental, or other groups concerning progress or results of research project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.