Inception Therapeutics is seeking a creative, motivated and experienced Cell and Molecular Biologist to join our team in San Diego, California. This position will be critical to building assays that support first in class drug discovery programs across multiple companies in our portfolio.
- Apply cell engineering to investigate biological mechanisms of compound response, sensitivity and resistance
- Develop robust cellular assays across multiple formats (plate-based, flow cytometry, microscopy, qPCR etc.)
- Take a lead role in enabling new therapeutic modalities
- Actively engage in experimental planning and interpretation, as well as independent execution of experiments
- Effectively participate as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with biology background and over 7 years’ experience in academia, biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Demonstrated success in cell assay development and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graph Pad Prism, and other scientific software
- Strong commitment to business ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication, including effective communication of research updates in formal and informal settings
- Attention to detail in documenting, executing and analyzing experiments
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas.