For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
We have an immediate opening in Princeton, NJ for a research scientist with a focus on applying knowledge graphs, graph databases and machine learning to new areas in engineering, automation and robotics. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.. What are my responsibilities?:
- Developing a multi-disciplinary line of research and translating research results into practical applications and prototypes
- Scouting and evaluating new software technologies that can be used in industrial environments and critical infrastructure
- Defining and leading research projects, including technical supervision of software engineers and interns
- Seeking support from appropriate Siemens business units on potential use cases
- Transferring research results to Siemens business units for product implementations
- Advising management and business units on disruptive technologies related to Engineering
- Developing successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens’ strategic direction in collaboration with leading academic institutions and government agencies
- Generating high-quality invention disclosures and patent applications
- Building up a network of collaboration partners in Siemens business units and in US universities
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required. Strong background in Machine Learning and/or Knowledge Graphs
- 2+ years of related professional experience or industry internships
- Experience solving a real-world problem in a professional environment with software you wrote yourself
- Able to apply Computer Science theory to practice in the areas of Automation, Engineering, Modeling, or Simulation
- Hands-on programming skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++, C# or other object-oriented language
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Collaborates well in an international and multi-cultural team environment
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, and Experience
- Proven track record of preparing, managing and winning government proposals.
- Experience in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to industrial problems.
- Understanding the business of Siemens to identify and apply use cases for new technologies in the area of Automation & Control, e.g. Industrial Automation, Building Automation, Train Automation etc.
Requisition Number: 204335