At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The Research & Reporting consultant leads the design and development of research, reports and models required to help evaluate strategic changes in business direction and to provide meaningful results needed to consult with client areas. Using broad and deep knowledge of data sources and technical resources for assigned areas, the consultant leads and mentors team members through participation in a variety of projects. The consultant has a lead role in building appropriate systems and reports. The consultant independently researches new technologies and recommends potential implementation.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven ability to design and build reports and provide analysis in an understandable format, as generally evidenced by 5-7 years of programming, analysis and project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in MIS, Business or related field required.
- Demonstrated experience leading financial modeling, research and reporting projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to create solutions to complex and/or loosely defined assignments.
- Strong written and presentation skills, especially in communicating complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Seasoned expert in advanced features of a variety of programs which may include Excel, Access, SQL, Visual Basic, Business Objects, SAS, JCL, and Business Intelligence tools.
- Must be able to learn new technology quickly to assess current systems against new software and determine best solutions for providing results.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills including managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to carry out diverse assignments in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proven ability to apply business consulting and project management skills to meet required outcomes.