Research Platform Engineer
Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management, looking for a Research Platform Engineer in Chicago.
You will join a development team creating the cloud and big data systems used to tackle large-scale quantitative research, developing the next generation of the platform.
- Transfer existing big data workloads into an internal hybrid cloud
- Write software to scale the internal environment in response to a wide range of demands
- Deliver cloud scheduling and data locality solutions to optimize the existing environment
- 3 or more years as a Systems Reliability Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or as a distributed systems developer
- Master’s degree in a technical, engineering or quantitative field
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
- Strong automation experience in software environments
- Expertise at an enterprise level in either C++, Java, Python or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with high-performance computer clusters or hyper growth Cloud deployments is an advantage
- Modern automation and containerization toolkit knowledge is desired (Terraform, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of tracing and streaming platforms
- Experience analyzing distributed environments (either through tracing systems like OpenTracing, Zipkin or streaming platforms like Kafka or HBase) is an advantage