This candidate will work in the Physical Acoustics Branch of the Naval Research Laboratory in DC. The position will consist of:
- Scientific programming and utilizing customized software when performing data analysis.
- Assist in the researching, designing, building, modifying and re-working of various experimental apparatus and scientific components related to acoustical studies.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and assist with field tests for new and existing equipment pertaining to Acoustical studies.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance and access to the NRL facility via a general background check.
- MS or Ph.D. in physics, engineering or Mathematics, or similar discipline
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in undergraduate work
- Must have lab experience and experience in scientific programming
- Experience in machine learning techniques and experimental physics
- Knowledge of ocean acoustics a plus
Clearance Requirement: This position requires a Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation.