At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
Each Marketing Scientist plays an important role on GutCheck’s Research Product Team in developing products via innovation in research, methodology and data analytics to drive our clients’ business growth. As a Research Methodologist, you will use your knowledge of research, statistics, and data modeling to to create new approaches to market research ways (e.g., segmentation, market mix modelling, customer lifetime value, propensity models, etc.) by combining survey and non-survey data in new ways. We are data agnostic, but we believe we can best address client business problems using combinations of survey responses and Big Data within the context of GutCheck’s agile trifecta (speed, cost effectiveness, and can-do services). We make using Big Data+surveys to obtain consumer insights practical and scalable and ensure our clients can “follow” the same audiences from insights through to activation. If you would enjoy being on the cutting edge of “agilifying” this space, GutCheck is the place for you!
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- 60%: Develop and validate new research solutions using the best mix of survey and non-survey data to solve common client business problems especially those related to audience understanding
- 20%: Standardize analytic methods and processes and work with the research, engineering, and product teams to specify use cases or requirements for automation of repeatedly used quantitative analyses, data visualizations, and statistical tests
- 10%: Conduct analyses of survey data such as key driver, TURF, maxdiff, or segmentation and report results for client projects and support other team members with analysis or testing of new solutions
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
What You May Also Do
- Develop data quality solutions to remove bias or improve accuracy
- Write and prepare documents (reports, blog posts, presentations, training materials) to support internal implementation or external go-to-market activities
- Create interim, but production-ready analysis and reporting automation for use prior to completion of GutCheck platform software
- Participate in story grooming sessions with product managers and engineers
- Provide training or process/operational readiness guidance to the teams implementing GutCheck solutions
- Participate in conversations with clients to obtain product feedback or a better understanding of their business needs
- Partner with our sales and customer service teams to recommend the best analytic approach to meet client objectives for specific projects
- Market Research & Marketing Science Experience, 4-5 years
- Experience designing surveys or discussion guides, sample and analytic plans, and experiments to isolate cause and effect
- Substantial experience conducting advanced market research analyses such as segmentation analysis, market mix modelling, key driver analysis, customer lifetime value, propensity scoring, etc. using a wide variety of estimation approaching such as logistic regression, cluster analysis, simulation, Bayesian networks, etc.
- Have strong visual and written storytelling skills and experience using them to convey insights to clients in a compelling way
- Proficiency with statistical and programming packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, Bayesia, Sawtooth or others and experience with writing Excel macros or other automation
- Creative Problem Solving, Active Listening Skills, & Communication Skills
- Be able to work cross-functionally with teams with diverse skills and negotiate timelines and requirements effectively
- Ability to evoke, hear and understand the business meaning behind product feedback from clients and use it improve our products
- Able to leverage the liberty that can arise in periods of uncertainty or under time constraints to create value-add breakthroughs
- Strong communicator skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- Advanced degree (M.A., Ph.D.)
- Experience analyzing or modeling unstructured or other non-survey data is a plus.
- Experience with adtech or martech systems
- Knowledge of media planning/buying processes
- Knowledge of theories of consumer behavior
- Experience with agile or lean development processes