IDC's Customer Insights and Analysis group is looking for an experienced Research Manager for its Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Spending Guide, a quantitative research program. The primary objective of this role is to plan, facilitate, and manage the research around the AI systems market opportunity by country, industry, and use case. The research includes building quantitative models that synthesize economic, firmographic, and primary and secondary research data to size, forecast and segment the market by various parameters. The position requires handling, manipulating, and integrating vast amounts of data from different data sources to create compelling deliverables and actionable insights for major technology vendors, investors, and government clients around the world.
The ideal candidates will possess the following primary skills:
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills
- Expertise in and passion for technology; AI knowledge a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid business development and client relationship capabilities
Day-to-day activities include a combination of ongoing work for regular syndicated products in addition to frequent client inquiries, custom research projects, sales support and other activities. Regular customer engagement and support is a crucial aspect of the role, as is collaboration with other IDC analysts based around the world to deliver projects on time with a high level of quality.
- Identify, define, size and analyze critical AI use cases via integrated models
- Examine and understand the relationship between the various AI solution technologies
- Develop thoughtful opinions and analysis on solution and industry-specific trends and insights.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on complex, high visibility consulting projects and ongoing research
- Gather and analyze secondary data to support modeling efforts, including financial and economic data for trend forecasting
- Work with IDC clients on research requests, inquiries, and consulting projects
- Build relationships and collaborate with industry business units and analysts worldwide
- Develop a rapport with the entire Customer Insights & Analysis group to gather and process information
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 5-10 years of previous market research experience or in a related industry
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills required; ability to design, develop and maintain large models for forecasting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to gather and present input and to develop analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- Proficient understanding of technology with the ability and desire to stay current on new industry developments affecting technology needs
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to interpret financial statements (10-K, income statement, balance sheet)