Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
NPD’s Research Science Group works to ensure that NPD’s market information is of the highest quality; in particular, that it is reliable, accurate, and complete. We design and monitor the systems that ensure such quality outcomes as:
- The control of data outliers
- The correction of biases in reporting Provision for missing data
- Automatic categorization of purchase records
- Forecasting of future trends
- The demographic balance of questionnaire responses
- Effective and well-designed surveys
This position exists within the Methodology and Protocols team, a core function in Research Science that is responsible for developing and promoting best practices for these systems.
- Use SAS, SQL, R, and/or Excel to:
- Design methodological enhancements to NPD processes.
- Carry out tests of alternative implementations of these enhancements.
- Conduct basic research which draws on existing NPD data to study different aspects of consumer reporting performance and POS data coverage.
- Apply multivariate and machine learning techniques to the above problems.
- Promote consistency in implementation of designed enhancements across different businesses within NPD.
- Maintain relationships with Research Science client teams to understand what is working well with NPD methodology and what could be improved.
- Communicate results and procedures to internal clients.
- Manage a small team of one or two analysts.
- Degree in quantitative social science or statistics; advanced degreepreferred.
- Statistical package such as SAS or R; programming experiencepreferred.
- Solid statistical knowledge; multivariate or data mining/data science experiencepreferred.
- Knowledge of SQL queries preferred (either SAS Proc SQL or another SQL implementation.)
- Excellent project management, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Supervisory experiencepreferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.