The Entertainment sector at NPD includes Toys, Video Games and Video Entertainment practices. Our clients and partners include major studios, video game publishers, toy manufacturers, as well as major retailers, indie distributors, financial services firms, research firms and entertainment trade associations.
This position will work within the Video Entertainment practice which includes a suite of products and services measuring the consumer of movie and television content distributed through retail and digital outlets and platforms. Our Entertainment team is seeking a Research Manager to support the client development team at multiple major movie studio clients. This person will be responsible for managing ongoing and ad hoc reporting and analytics to support our Clients’ business. The person will report to the Director.
- Provide analytical support for the group by accurately generating and interpreting data, including retail point-of-sale (POS), consumer panel and syndicated consumer surveys.
- Develop necessary techniques for analyzing and presenting data, including subject matter expertise in movie / home entertainment marketing and distribution business.
- Present insights and reports at industry events, client meetings, and other related events.
- Support Client Development team through the processing of client reports/deliverables according to schedule.
- Perform quality assurance of both process and data deliverables.
- Support client business needs on-site from time to time as needed.
- 4+ years experience in market research or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities with the desire to continue to develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous knowledge/experience working with databases and/or analytical tools is a plus.
- Passion for movies and entertainment; familiarity with both physical and digital platforms for watching movie and TV content at home
- Ability to take responsibility for personal development by seeking training, on-the-job experiences and input from manager.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Detail oriented, with a solid track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Enthusiastic about understanding data analytics and how it can address business questions.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- BA/BS or equivalent
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.