The Research Manager, C-Suite Tech Agenda will develop and write new research focusing on the intersection between technology and the business across the C-Suite. This individual will interview C-Suite executives (CEOs, CTOs, CDOs, CIOs etc), analyze survey and market data, and produce groundbreaking and insightful research as part of IDC's C-Suite Tech Agenda research program. The objective of this research program is to create unique and impactful research on C-Suite tech spending and priorities, therefore a curiousity for learning and creating insightful content is the primary prerequisite. The Research Manager will present the C-Suite research to customers on a regular basis, and the ability to engage and present to senior executives is a must. The ideal candidate will actively collaborate with analysts around the world so being able to work in a virtual team will be critical. Technology adoption in the enterprise is going through an tremendous change. It is increasingly business-driven and the action is happening amongst the C-Suite. Join our world-renowned research team and make an impact in the the technology industry as it undergoes a once-in-a-generation transformation!
- Write a variety of research documents based on the C-Suite Tech survey and interviews with C-Suite executives.
- Develop persona-specific perspectives across the C-Suite (e.g. CHRO, CFO, CTO, CIO, CDO etc) in conjunction with various research teams across IDC.
- Develop an understanding on how technology is being adopted across these personas (in terms of priorities, pain points, spending areas and future plans).
- Analyze survey data, spending data and vendor data to develop unique perspectives on buying dynamics across the C-Suite.
- Support syndicated research and custom projects simultaneously and work independently to support a range of publishing, consulting, forecasting and thought leadership in parallel.
- Present findings of the research to customers and prospects at an executive level on a regular basis.
- Work on development to nurture current and potential clients to develop and grow business relationships for research subscriptions and custom consulting work.
- Manage the C-Suite Tech agenda program budget with monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for revenues, expenses, contribution, and profit.
- Establish and maintain a strong industry presence as a thought leader in the C-Suite domain, including working with the general business and technology trade press. Bringing an innovative and creative perspective on the role technology is playing in the changing C-suite dynamics will be part of thought leadership.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a plus. Equivalent years of relevant industry experience may be considered and evaluated for a candidate with strong qualifications.
- 5+ years job experience in a relevant practice at an IT market research or consulting firm; or in a Technology vendor environment.
- Diverse understanding across multiple technology areas (eg., hardware, software, services, telecom, cloud).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to produce insightful reports based on desk research, briefings, sound survey or forecast data, providing meaningful recommendations, etc.
- High proficiency with MS Suite and the ability to learn to use various IDC resources for document preparation, publishing, client inquiry tracking, and program financial performance.
- Ability to prepare timely forecasting/predictions reflecting market changes. Ability to integrate sometimes conflicting inputs for forecasting.
- Strong commitment to client support/success and enthusiasm for the program mission.
- Interest in strengthening existing client relationships and driving new business opportunities.
- Willingness to work closely with IDC sales, often taking the lead in identifying new opportunities and crafting effective proposals to grow revenue. Strong ties to current IDC clients/prospects a plus.