Location: United States - California - Santa Clara
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Research & Development
- Help define and implement low-level instrument control software for next-generation gene sequencing system and rapid prototype software tools
- Write and troubleshoot timing-sensitive low-level hardware control software, including applications and drivers
- Help customize Linux OS for optimal implementation
- Maintain high throughput data handling efficiency as a priority
- Work closelywithotherengineering groups, including electricalengineering, system software engineering, mechanicalengineering, and FPGA groups
- The ideal candidatewill work with minimal supervision and take initiative towards achieving best implementation and deployment
- BS or advanced degree in CS, EE, or related area.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies, including Linux and Linux kernel drivers, programming in C, and familiarity with FPGA logic design. Should be comfortable withelectricalengineering concepts and working directly withelectrical engineers to determine best design implementations.
- Minimum of two years experience in software development.
- Experience in gene sequencing or biotech instrument design is a big plus.
- Familiarity with all stages of the software development cycle. Experience maintaining engineering best practices, including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
- 10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally