Job Description Summary
Represents BD Life Sciences’ research cytometry instrumentation product portfolio, with sales focus, to the academic, biopharma, and research flow cytometry markets.
Geography includes: Boston/Cambridge area, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting/exceeding sales budget for territory
- Managing incremental conversion opportunities from initial targeting through evaluation and implementation
- Solving customer problems & creating value for our customers
- Maintaining existing business
- Implementing marketing initiatives and national/regional contractual agreements
- Consistently and routinely updates all selling activities/opportunities in CRM
- Takes ownership of sales funnel, providing up-to-date territory analyses and maintaining a robust and accurate forecast
- Working with colleagues in reagent sales, technical applications, field service and Genomics teams to provide unified, system solution to customers
- Utilizing available sales support resources and tools in order to meet and exceed customer satisfaction as well as sales goals.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s level degree a plus.
- Must have 3 -5 years of successful life sciences-related sales experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and large account management skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers in reagent sales and service to promote system selling of BD products
- Must have a demonstrated successful sales track record, solid negotiation skills, exhibit effective selling, listening, and verbal/presentation skills, and ability to assess and respond to customer needs.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRMrequired.
- Former capital equipment experience highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing both internal and external budgets and resources, conducting pre-call planning, and ability to prioritize and segment accounts.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
Job ID R-327043