PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Modeling of RF coil and circuit designs with software.
- Mechanical construction and testing of RF coils on the lab bench and in the scanner.
- Use of basic machine tools (drill press, lathe, milling machine) and/or specification of designs for parts to be constructed by professional machinists.
- Printed circuit board design and layout.
- Design, assembly and testing of electronic circuits and systems for the scanner.
- Assistance in troubleshooting the electronic components of the scanner.
- Contacting and working with external vendors/companies (ordering parts and tools, contacting service, etc.)
- Participation in running imaging experiments.
- Documentation of all work in LabArchives electronic laboratory notebook software.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Significant experience with MR RF coil development
- Excellent knowledge of general and RF electronics
- Self-motivated, independent thinker, takes ownership of work
- Interest in building things
- Ability to perform as a team member
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills