Power TechnologyAssociates, Inc. is seeking an experienced motivated and results-oriented Staff Research Engineer - Inverter Design for Powertrain to join our Detroit area client. This is an exciting, collaborative and highly impactful role that will work closely with cross-functional engineering teams.
They will be responsible for developing new technology in the area of electric powertrain (e-PT) components and systems (e.g. Inverter, Onboard Charger).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Research state-of-the-art technology and solutions for high power and high power density inverter system including gate drive board, control board and power module as a unified subsystem.
- Develop electricalcircuit Design solutions for high power density components and systems which are robust, reliable and cost effective and lead FMEA activities for advanced e-PT development with internal/external customers, national laboratories, and universities.
- Develop motor control Algorithm with vector control, PWM method, digital and analog signal processing, current/torque/speed control which are using C or assembly language with micro controller and/or DSP
- Provide results and technical consultation to system engineers and collaborate with broader engineering team for electrical system design integration and system optimization.
- Work with Automotive OEMs in advanced e-PT projects
- Co-work with HQ product engineering center in the respective e-PT projects.
- Deliverables / Metrics
- Weekly project development report
- Technical review with HQ or automotive OMEs product engineers
- Detailed design output and report including simulation, analysis (incl. worst case analysis) and verification test results
- Design guidance, test procedure and standardized development process documentation
- Prototype sample with performance results versus the target of the respective project
- Trade-off study between performance and cost
Technical Skills and Software Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 yrs of Experience, Master’s with 6 yrs exp., PhD with 3 yrs. Exp.
- Strong understanding of CAE\CAD engineering for electricalengineering
- Strong understanding of motor control theory
- Experience of development with CAE/CAD tools for electricalengineering
- Experience with microcontroller and/or DSP and coding
- Experience with development of simulation models with Matlab/simplore/Saber/PSIM/LTspice/etc…
- PhD preferred
- Experienced on lab equipment such as dynamometers, rotating speed data acquisition, current sensors, digital signal processing, oscilloscope, power analyzer, hardware in the loop system, A/D conversion system, xETK and other tools for design and debugging of electric drive components
- Experience on wideband gap power semiconductor such as SiC and GaN
Company offers exceptional benefit programs and relocation allowances.