ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
We are looking for a Research Engineer to play a central role in the research, analysis, and design of enabling technologies to be integrated into cloud-based architectures. Must be able to connect the dots between business needs, innovation, and good design.
This position requires an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance.
- Lead the creation of project deliverables such as user goals, scenarios, flows, technical specifications, conceptual designs, and prototypes
- Apply commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) Information Technology (IT) best practice and continuously maintain expertise in current IT best practices
- Execute rapid (e.g,. quarterly) plan-design-engineer-test-certify-deploy IT acquisition cycles
- Support the development, execution, and sustainment of an on-line virtual development and testing environment
- Design and create standard, repeatable, and streamlined processes and documentation for test and certification, including required test tools and instrumentation
- Monitor and analyze evolution of the system platform design from architecture to detailed design to implementation, and identify any technical issues with equipment interoperability, integration, testing, and system performance
- Support research and development tasks leading to Field User Evaluations (FUE), ensuring that system requirements are met by timely upgrades to the software and hardware
- Assist in requirements definition for emerging or follow-on systems or variants of systems
- Develop and provide input to associated CDRLs and reports
- Provide oversight for the design, development, integration, test, and maintenance of a near-real-time net-centric software baseline
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (+5 years’ experience), Associate’s Degree (+7 years’ experience), or High School Diploma (+12 years’ experience)
- Practical experience with current COTS IT paradigms such as Agile software development, Model Driven Architecture, Product Line Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud, and Open Source Software
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiarity with DoD and/or Marine Corps policies and procedures
- Learn new technologies as the need arises, recommending innovative new solutions, and serving as a subject-matter expert
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver high quality creative products
- Prioritize workload to accommodate and deliver on multiple projects on time & on budget
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.