$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is an emerging technology that is rapidly developing commercial and other applications around the world. Building on its legacy ofwork in air traffic management for crewed aircraft, NASA is researching prototype technologies for a UAS Traffic Management (UTM) system that could provide airspace integration requirements for enabling safe, efficient low-altitude operations. Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That's why we're building a world class technology framework in partnership with the FAA and the UAS industry. Our research platform will enable drones to resolve conflicting flight plans leaving little or no work to be done by human air traffic controllers. Just last month our UTM software won the NASA Software of the Year Award for 2019. As a data scientist and software engineer, you will support tool selection and application development to collect, analyze and report on data collected by UTM. You will work with UTM stakeholders including Federal agencies to determine their data requirements and serve as the data team's voice.
This position requires access to ITAR and/or EAR protected data, only U.S. citizens or green card holders can be considered for this position.
Required Skills and Traits:
• Ability to generate simulation code for 6DOF vehicle dynamics
• Analytical problem-solving skills and strong applied mathematics background including detection and estimation theory
• Radar modeling and simulation experience
• Experience developing simulations in MATLAB
Other Desired Skills:
• Experience modeling sensing systems such as LIDAR, GPS, Inertial Measurement Units
• Experience working on large-scale, customer driven, customer-facing software development projects
• Familiarity with RESTFul API development and webservices
• Familiarity with SQL
• JAVA and/or C++
• Experience working with Linux OS such as RedHat or Centos
• Familiarity with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Experience with UML
• Interest and knowledge of aviation, air traffic management, and unpiloted aircraft systems (drones)
You are submitting your information for consideration to a position that is currently available under the Intelligent Systems Research & Development Services 2 (ISRDS-2) program at Ames Research Center, CA. If selected, your employment offer may be with SGT or one of our teammates on the contract.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
SGT/ISRDS Minimal Labor Category- (Research Engineer IV - Task 248) Level may change commensurate with candidate's qualifications.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14