- Engage in early stage research of combustion systems, invention of practical combustion applications, and application of scoring methods to drive selection.
- Demonstrate technical feasibility including; validating predictions of individual design elements, integration of technological components to establish interoperability, and assessment of optimization opportunities.
- Direct proof-of-concept testing of working models/prototypes, in a high-fidelity laboratory environment or simulated environment, of performance, safety functions, reliability, and the like to exhibit technology readiness.
- Engage with teams as a mentor to educate and extend knowledge of combustion and burner technologies, including definition, design modeling techniques, and application.
- Work with suppliers to specify new technologies and/or components that may also entail custom developments. Remain abreast of emerging technologies and competing alternatives
- Serve as a project engineer on select objectives as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics, or related fields
- 5-8+ years of practical experience in the analysis, modeling, and application of combustion and burner technologies for commercially available products
- Experience in advancement of early stage technologies, integration of technological components, and establishing technology readiness.
- Working knowledge in the use of thermal and combustion system simulation, and validation of models through experiments.
- Expert level knowledge in design, analysis, and application of combustion and burner technologies and applications, including materials, mixing, ignition, combustion stability, emissions, and acoustical management methods.
- Knowledge and application experience in equipment certification standards for combustion systems and qualification tests.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with all levels of internal management, staff members, external suppliers, and customers
HOW TO STAND OUT
- PhD degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Applied Physics, or related fields
- 1-3+ years of practical experience in the analysis, modeling, and application of combustion and burner technologies for commercially available products
- Experience in both analytical methods to evaluate technologies and in practical laboratory evaluations of technologies and systems
- Proven engineering project management experience
- Professional Engineering License preferred