As a Research Engineer, you will discover, lead, and manage the engineering needs of a world-renowned research team on a variety of research projects in the Visa research group. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies, methods, and solutions to deliver innovative distributed and decentralized products.
You will drive innovation from ideation to implementation. The innovation will build on the foundation distributed computing, blockchain, cloud computing, security, and cryptography, and will research and build seamless, fast, reliable and secure payment solutions.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, research scientists, software engineers and architects, as well as external parties like technology vendors, wallet providers, merchants, issuers and senior product regional managers. You will discover opportunities, propose research opportunities, create research plan, execute and implement the ideas. During the course, you will publish influential research papers and patents.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity and the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry and influence the direction of the research and development across Visa.
- Work with senior executives, scientists and architects to formalize a committee to oversee the development of the research projects
- Implement the solution with prototype and early product by collaborating with other scientists and engineers
- Work and partner with product delivery teams to fully implement the proof of concept and early product in Visa services and products
- Document project milestones by delivering regular reports
- Present and demo the prototypes to a committee on the regular basis
- Work with IP team to identify patentable ideas in the research, as well as publication opportunities
- Champaign the innovation across the organizations and industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks and presentations
- Continue to learn the new payment technologies in Visa and across industries
- 2 years of work experience with an Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technology field.
- Background in programming in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or other blockchain networks at any layer of the blockchain stack: Application, scripting/smart contract, consensus, and/or network
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technology field
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners
- Research experiences and capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Understanding of distributed/decentralized protocols, network security, and cryptography
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Extensive programming experience in at least one or more in Python, C/C++, Java, Rust, Go
- Results orientation with ability to plan the work and work in a team
- Fast learner in new technologies
- Experience in multidisciplinary research and development
- Experience in research and development of security models, secure system development and architecture
- Publications or presentation in recognized computing journals/conferences
- Payments industry experience
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.