Under executive direction, the Payment and Processing Research Director supports the equityinvestment research and marketing activities of the Equity Research Department requiring in depth experience in payments with a particular focus on companies such as Visa, MasterCard, Global Payments, Vantiv/WorldPay, TSYS, PayPal and other high profile payments related names. The Director is responsible for building out a broader FinTech research platform for KBW including expanding coverage in other areas that may not currently be an area focused on within payments but also coordination of other FinTech related initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers and analyzes payment data from various information sources such as Visa, MasterCard, Global Payments, Vantiv/WorldPay, TSYS, PayPal and other high profile payments and contacts to ensure thorough and accurate investment research.
- Performs statistical data analysis, financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- Has a proven, well-established network of established relationships with external clients and internal sales staff.
- Conducts investment research in the payment and processing industry and companies.
- Monitors fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from public financial records and statements, financial publications and services, government agencies, trade publications, company sources and contacts, industry studies, investment competitors, and personal interviews.
- Responsible for research reports and provides investment recommendations on covered companies.
- Effectively communicates investment recommendations and views to the firm’s sales force and client base.
- Provides due diligence on potential and mandated transactions within the payment and processing industry.
- Extensive travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, more than 40%.
- Bachelor's degreerequired, MBA or CFA desired.
- Minimum 10 years investment research or related experience.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Experience monitoring/assessing performance of companies and industries to draw conclusions and make accurate recommendations.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Knowledge of economic, accounting, and financial principles and practices, the financial markets, the industry, the analysis and reporting of financial data, and associated terminology.
- Must obtain Series 7, 63, 86 & 87 within 67 months of hire.