JLL Research is looking for a Director of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to drive the continued growth, evolution and adoption of our GIS strategy and platform in the Americas Research group. Our Director will own a significant portions of the GIS product roadmaps and be responsible for defining and rolling out the division of work between local market teams, centralized onshore and offshore resources to deliver needed outputs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
What this job involves:
The Director of GIS - Research will lead the strategy of the team and product direction. You will be collaborating closely with our business partners, to develop and execute a differentiated and customer-centric vision and strategy. We seek a leader with a passion and track record for building strong motivated teams, innovative and creative out of the box thinking, with exceptional collaborative skills to lead initiatives that cross over many groups.
- A leader to develop a clear GIS offering to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Build a team structure that divides work outputs amongst local market GIS professionals, centralized onshore resources and offshore resources.
- Work directly with regional and local heads of Research to ensure their GIS needs are being met and their teams have the proper GIS support to meet their business and client needs.
- Manage the relationships with third party GIS technology vendors and data providers to provide JLL with best in class data sets and technologies to serve our client's needs.
- Own the GIS team budget and set the strategy for funding future development and strive to optimize resources with onshore and offshore resources.
- Be the Americas representative on the global GIS steering committee and share best practices from our region and take on best practices from the other regions.
- Develop the product stacks commercialization and monetization strategy that will drive business revenue and client relationships.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify GIS platform improvements and new platform offerings.
- Define key metrics to measure GIS platform success and surface areas of improvement.
- Use research, direct JLL customer observation, user feedback, and analytics to identify and improve our user funnel.
- Facilitate deep integration across the partner teams (Research, TDIM, our clients and the business), promote communication and joint ownership for achieving program goals.
- Play an active role in identifying and mitigating risk throughout the GIS platform process.
Sound like you? Before you apply it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
- 8+ years of team management experience
- Experience specifically in GIS, with preferred experience in real estate GIS
- Track record of hiring & developing high-performing teams
- Demonstrated success leading project delivery for large, cross functional programs
- Strong organizational planning and development skills
- Track record of owning and executing with onshore and offshore teams
- Able to develop, communicate, and execute on a platform vision
- BS/BA in Business, Finance: MBA preferred or relevant experience
- Verbal and written communication skills are critical. Must be able to organize and present thoughts clearly and concisely
What you can expect from us:
You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.