- Conduct research and analysis in IT Outsourcing, with a focus on Infrastructure Outsourcing – including service desk, managed workplace and data center services. Knowledge of the impact of key forces such as cloud (IaaS and PaaS), Intelligent Automation Services, Mobility and IoT is a secondary but necessary requirement. Coverage of the specified area is required as well as applicable adjacent areas with at least one area of expertise, while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the market, to produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Create must-have research to fulfil our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert – develop a following.
- Help team with the review of infrastructure outsourcing contracts.
- Create compelling presentation materials to be delivered to clients via various means, including face-to-face, teleconference, video conferences and taped presentations. Deliverables will include but not be limited to Gartner conferences, individualized Strategic Advisory Services (remote or client facing), Webinars and Briefings
- Engage in client support activities in the topic areas covered via telephone inquiries, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Convey research value leading to successful sales and renewals, by attending client/prospect meetings to identify and leverage Proof of Concept opportunities and in general to enhance sales productivity.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Exhibit thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Provide focused one-day client consulting-style engagements as a research area expert.
- Deal effectively with the press and media (including social media).
- Demonstrate credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
- 10+ years of experience within the information technology field. May previously have held a leadership role within technology or business field.
- Experience with the issues facing end users (“clients”) of outsourcing services is mandatory, including direct experience working in a leading sourcing role on the buyer side.
- Experience in outsourcing contracting.
- Experience with an outsourcing vendor would be an additional strong benefit.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Significant applicable experience in outsourcing discipline and deep knowledge of the IT outsourcing market; deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in IT outsourcing.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively. Examples from own publications would be beneficial.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team.
- Exceptional coaching, influencing and leadership skills
Job ID 00015163